Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My first model/face in 3D

Hi everyone :) This is my first post on this forum. I just got into 3D and made this model of a face in zbrush (and painted), rendered in Keyshot and composited in Photoshop. I'm a cinematographer professionally but I always wanted to learn 3D. Next time I'll post something with eyes, hair and a body! hehe. I'd be really happy to hear what you guys think. Best / Alex

[BACKSTORY] We finally had lo leave our once so beautiful home behind. The now deserted planet of earth with all our human history was left to it's destiny. I'ts probably better off. While taking this one last dreaded moment and looking out the window I couldn't help but to feel despair. This was it..

Replies

• Melazee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Melazee polycounter lvl 11
    Heya and welcome! The shading on this looks really cool. The thing that throws me off is the anatomy of the face, but you certainly have skills with the shading aspect and I think you will make a great realism artist :) Look forward to seeing what you do next!

As for the facial anatomy, Loomis is a good place to look at, as well as those models of the head planes. James Gurney has a bunch of good ref images on this post here: http://gurneyjourney.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/plane-heads.html

Do you have an image of the side and front of this head without the materials? Perhaps just Zbrush screenshots?
  • AdamDanby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AdamDanby triangle
    Looks great! Apart from looking at & studying real life anatomy, for your next project you might want to look at 3D scans of people to get a feel for how real life shapes transition to ZBrush.
  • Alexwiththecamera
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi guys! really appreciate your encouraging comments! I should have mentioned I was going for a kind of evolved human version, since it would be far in the future. I figured the brain is probably gonna get bigger. But I do have a lot to learn on human anatomy and I'll be sure to consider your suggestions :)

I'll post some screens from zbrush later!