Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Dog Run Cycle

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
RKirtlink polycounter lvl 7
I started working on a run cycle with the Cody Rig and I'm hoping to get it demo reel ready, any feedback would be really appreciated. At the moment I think I'm going to redo the bounce in his ears and there's a few other things that don't look quite right to me but it'd be great to have some more eyes on it.

Replies

• _adamturnbull
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey man, good start! I think you have a lot of the motion looking ok but it needs more weight so it really looks like his legs are pushing his body forwards. Also, try pushing the legs so they straighten as they are reaching forwards. Have a look at the video below and take note of its posing at certain points and compare it to your posing (eg. see how the front legs come under the back legs as the body compresses. Also take note of how stretched out the dogs body and legs are after the back legs push off the ground)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrTwZTXwvlQ
  • RKirtlink
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RKirtlink polycounter lvl 7
    Definitely see what you mean about the posing and weight haha I think that video's exactly what I needed. I'll have an updated version to share pretty soon, thanks for the feedback!