Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Hand Painted Monster Hunter character

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
n8lugo polycounter lvl 10
Hello everyone. Here is a WIP of my current character. Working from concept art from the game Monster Hunter to match the bow i did a little while back. Ill be revisiting the bow texture especially since realizing i interpreted some of the low-rez concept art as fur, when its actually more like a fin, based on art of the character -_- But im doing a sculpt first and try not to go too crazy with the detail since ill just be using hand-painted diffuse in the final low-poly. Still have to add some patterns to some of the armor sections and spend a session or two just on the face to bring out some character. Not sure yet if ill actually be doing a full head of hair/helmet-less version. Either way, any constructive cits and comments are appreciated. Help me lvl up my skillz!! Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• n8lugo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry for the lack of updates. Been slammed at regular job. Think im done with the face and final details on armor. I will proceed with the retopo. Comments and crits appreciated. Ill be painting more more scars and scratched on her face once im painting the texture to make her look more experienced. Progress has been slow because of life lately, but i like the way its shaping up. 

• n8lugo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Been some time since my last update. Now that i have some time to myself im finally making some progress. Still very much a WIP. but any comments or crits to help me lvl up are greatly appreciated. Thanks!!