Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Character in a snowy environment - looking for critique

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Nina I. polycounter lvl 5
Hi! I have been working on this character for another person for a while, but I feel I could really use some fresh eyes to give constructive feedback for the composition, adjustments to the pose, colours/shading etc.

A short description of the idea behind the picture: a female character looking introverted and brooding in a snowy environment. She's wearing a comfy looking traveller's outfit and has young oval face, small nose and dark blonde hair. To make her look introverted and one lingering in solitude I gave her a pose with arms folded (also a hint of it being cold out there) and a lean against a fence.  I felt having her gaze out over the land in night time would give the picture more atmosphere and cool ambient lighting.

I feel like I haven't planned the light direction well enough for the face and the rest of the character, and I feel the rendering of the face could be improved a lot with some feedback.

Any and all comments welcome (paintovers too to demonstrate a point if you feel like it). :)

Full image here: http://i.imgur.com/WMMvgMC.jpg

I hope I can push this to the next level. Thanks!