Home Technical Talk

[SOLVED] Restore shelf height/size in Maya?

oBoogiemanx
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
oBoogiemanx polycounter lvl 3
Hi everyone. I used the following code to change Maya's default shelf height:

int $shelfHeight = `layout -q -height ShelfLayout`;
int $doubleShelf = $shelfHeight + 20;

if ($shelfHeight < 150)  
{
layout -e -height $doubleShelf ShelfLayout;
}
else
{
layout -e -height 40 ShelfLayout;
}

And it works but know the problem is that $shelfHeight won't go below 99 so I can't go back to having just one row in my shelf tabs.

I used this other script I found that says you just have to put a value to change the height:

layout -e -height XX ShelfLayout; //replace XX with desired height in pixels

but, again, the height won't go below 99. I need help.

I am attaching an image of my current shelf configuration to ilustrate better what I want. My question is how can I restore the default shelf height ? thanks!

Replies

• oBoogiemanx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oBoogiemanx polycounter lvl 3
    Hi everyone. I used the following code to change Maya's default shelf height:

int $shelfHeight = `layout -q -height ShelfLayout`;
    int $doubleShelf = $shelfHeight + 20;

if ($shelfHeight < 150)  
    {
    layout -e -height $doubleShelf ShelfLayout;
    }
    else
    {
    layout -e -height 40 ShelfLayout;
    }

And it works but know the problem is that $shelfHeight won't go below 99 so I can't go back to having just one row in my shelf tabs.

I used this other script I found that says you just have to put a value to change the height:

layout -e -height XX ShelfLayout; //replace XX with desired height in pixels

but, again, the height won't go below 99. I need help.

I am attaching an image of my current shelf configuration to ilustrate better what I want. My question is how can I restore the default shelf height ? thanks!

I deleted my prefs folder and avoided using the first script again. If you use this one: 

layout -e -height XX ShelfLayout; //replace XX with desired height in pixels

You shouldn't have any problems adding or reducing height to your shelves.