Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

animation show reel /introduction

shadowz
vertex
Offline / Send Message
shadowz vertex
hi

this is my first post here.
 Please give your views  on my work so that i can improve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE9A4GqtTVA

Replies

• _adamturnbull
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey man, you've got some good stuff in there!

As far as feedback goes I think you might want to check your weight on some of the shots. I mainly noticed it in the first two. For example, the throw is great but when the guy lands at 0:05 it feels like it should be heavier. Then on the next shot, the punches and hits feel quite slow, maybe try trimming some frames out between the strikes and the hits and make sure that each hit has a strong pose.

The next shot with the lion is really nice but try giving the jump-down more of an arc instead of a linear up - pause - linear down movement. Maybe its just the timing of it but something feels off.

At 0:22 there is a bit of twinning happening as he takes his hands from above his head to the wall, maybe offset these a little. His hands are also very static when they're above his head, even just a slight movement could help.

In the shot at 0:39 the guy seems to stand up vertically too soon, I feel it should be more of a scramble as he finds his feet and then a gradual rise up to the end pose.

Overall there is some great stuff!
  • shadowz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shadowz vertex
    thanks for your reply