Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

3D Animation Pride and Prejudice Monologue Scene (Critique Welcome)

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
ZeEsTaR polycounter lvl 4
Hi there :),

Below is a Monologue scene from Pride and Prejudice produced as a University assignment, the mo-cap data and model were provided but all lip sync/animation and mo-cap edits are my own work. All critique is welcome :)

Enjoy~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIwZ9geAmew

Thank you for taking the time to watch it :).

Replies

• Arturow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Arturow polycounter
    Hello ZeEsTaR :)

Good work :) I have a couple of notes:
    - The hands feel that they are hitting the same poses at the same time , try to avoid that perfect symmetry.
    - The camera is a little bit weird with all those movements :P I don't know if the original scene was like that tho.
    - Try to add some "overlap" to the eyes, what I mean is that when he close his eyes try to follow that movement too with the eyes a little bit, just to feel connected. Here is an example from Mike Safianoff  and this one from AnimSchool , animator Garrett Shikuma https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73jRo4fwU3I
    - Also the mouth is very symmetrical , in both sides of the face :)

Cool work hope it helps! :)!!

• ZeEsTaR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZeEsTaR polycounter lvl 4
    Arturow said:
    - The camera is a little bit weird with all those movements :P I don't know if the original scene was like that tho.
    Thank you for the feedback and references Arturow <3, and i fully agree with you on the cameras and lack of overlapping for the eyes especially at the end i don't really know what I was trying to accomplish with the last camera, seemed like it could of been a cool idea at the time but after re-watching it 4-5 times its really started to let it down.

I was aiming for a good view of the character's facial expression to look worried/sad but i'm 100% sure a different angle would of been better especially the camera movement.

I'll start to push some of these changes over the Christmas break :) hope to update it soon.