Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Tea Time. Finished animation, looking for critics or feedback!

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Kimu polycounter lvl 5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsGtFmEm5M4

Tea Time is an animation I fully animated and I would still like some critics for future references and things to keep an eye out for future works! 

Replies

• Arturow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Arturow polycounter
    So cute and loved the idea!!

My feedback would be only that the character it kind of lose his form , like in second 20. The transition from 18 to 20 is too noticeable :)
    Some people use 3D models to get a clear/correct perspective for the character ( this being the layout phase) and that can help a lot if you have some crazy camera work in the future :). The 3d model don't need to be that fancy at all :)

• Kimu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kimu polycounter lvl 5
    Arturow said:
    So cute and loved the idea!!

My feedback would be only that the character it kind of lose his form , like in second 20. The transition from 18 to 20 is too noticeable :)
    Some people use 3D models to get a clear/correct perspective for the character ( this being the layout phase) and that can help a lot if you have some crazy camera work in the future :). The 3d model don't need to be that fancy at all :)

Thank you Arturow! I see what you mean. I'll keep an eye out for the transitions. I'll also think about the 3D models for the perspective layout help in the future, would definitely help lots. Thank you so much for your feedback! :smile:
  • Forever
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Forever polycounter lvl 3
    That was quite adorable!

I agree with Arturow on the perspective, and I want to add, your scarf goes down too slow after she falls down. It kinda floats down, but with the way it's around the character's neck, I don't think it would do that. 

I'd also like to see a bit more movement on your holds. For example, when the - I wanna say creature - looks towards the camera, have the smile increase or the ear twitch or something similar, just to break it up a little bit. You have the blink which is good, but I would like to see a little bit more. 

Nice work!

• Kimu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kimu polycounter lvl 5
    Forever said:
    That was quite adorable!

I agree with Arturow on the perspective, and I want to add, your scarf goes down too slow after she falls down. It kinda floats down, but with the way it's around the character's neck, I don't think it would do that. 

I'd also like to see a bit more movement on your holds. For example, when the - I wanna say creature - looks towards the camera, have the smile increase or the ear twitch or something similar, just to break it up a little bit. You have the blink which is good, but I would like to see a little bit more. 

Nice work!

Ohh!! That's very true! The scarf should have moved with the character to the floor faster. Ahh about the creature, that's very true too. I'll be more attentive about those details for future animations!

Thank you so much for your feedback, it helps me lots! :smiley: