Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Proper way exporting 2 seperate models for DDO.

snake85027
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
snake85027 polycounter lvl 18
I have this old computer I modeled and its two seperate objects with their own UV. When I import into DDO for some reason one of the models doesnt get a material and the other model is getting both. Im not sure why this is happening.

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Combine your objects per UV set. If everything is on one set of UVs, combine them into a single object and export to DDO.
  • snake85027
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snake85027 polycounter lvl 18
    I basically had two objects, the keyboard with its own uv and the computer shell with its own uv. I selected both in max and exported them out. I imported them into DDO  and I can see that it knows theres 2 objects but for some reason after I upload the textures that go to the certain object and render out the maps, its not assigning the maps to the individual model, it looks like it just picked one and applied everything to that....So are you saying that you cant have 2 different objects with their own unique UV?   I ended up put it all on 1 UV set but was wondering if it was possible.
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    You can have as many unique UV sets in DDO as your computer can support. The project in my signature (the locomotive specifically) uses three mesh groups. One is 8k, one is 4k, and the other is 2k - it's all loaded simultaneously.

You need to ensure that you've loaded the input maps for both mesh groups (accessible from the mesh group dropdown in the Project Creator or per group in the Reimporter) for it to function correctly. You should also name your groups logically so you can understand what you're working with at a glance.

Could I take a look at this project? You can send it to jonathan @ quixel . se. If I get it before Saturday, I can take a look - I'll otherwise be out of town and inaccessible until Monday.