Home Adobe Substance

Strange Input Node Pixelation problem

KnobbyNobbes
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
KnobbyNobbes polycounter lvl 5
Hey all, ran into a bit of trouble here. So, I was trying to create a leather handle wrap material and I've come across a problem here at the end. I need to be able to use triplanar blending to get it to look nice on my sword hilt, but on trying to do triplanar blending right before the output nodes, I end up having my texture come out looking a pixelated mess. I first discovered this little bug only once I got it all the way to Painter, so I tried bringing in the model and it's position and world space normal map into designer to see if I could get it working there. Now, what I have found is that for some reason, If i have those 2 maps plugged into the graph as bitmaps and going to the triplanar nodes, everything works fine. No pixelation. However, when I use input nodes, it pixelates. EVEN WHEN I PUT THE SAME IMAGES INTO THOSE INPUT NODES, it pixelates. What is wrong with using input nodes??? I've never had this happen before. Is there some setting somewhere that I might be setting wrong?

Here is an image showing the strange pixelation:

Replies