Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Megascans Customer Unfriendly Policy "delting your bought points"

Adiko
vertex
Offline / Send Message
Adiko vertex
Hey @ all,
After being a megascans customer for 3 months "4K subscription" and actually happy about it... I quickly realised again, after beeing alreday through the whole Quixel Suite V1... Not working at all... full of bugs drama, that quixel is not at all customer friendly.

After 3 months i stopeed to subscribe megascans becasue there was simply no new content and the old one didnt fit my project at all. After ending the subscription i tried to download 1 texture... NOPE not possible, even my account has around 200 points. After contacting the customer support of quixel, they simply explained to me... Since im no longer a subscriber  I CAN'T ACCESS my points for which i have PAID and the best PART about it is... They probably going even to DELTE my POINTS.

Quotation:
"As per our policy, the unused points get locked and eventually deleted once a subbscription expires."

Wow... thats amazing customer friendly! To actually rob the customers that are supporting your business!
So i need to keep my subscription even the current content is not fitting my needs cause you guys are going to delete my points? Since like 6 weeks or even longer there was no update on the megascans content... So you guys are actually just forcing me to buy things i dont need or to keeo up my subscription forever in the hope the next content update is eventually fiting my needs? I have just no words for that!

Im asking here right now for a solution! Please change your customer unfriendly politics! this is just sad...
I make sure i will spread the word around all the forums, cause i simply cant tolerate something like this, at all. And i also dont like to see other customers being trapped like that.
Im also thinking about to contact paypal for refunds.

There is just no reason to force your customers not to pause a subscription, there is just no reason to delete your customers points! At all! there simply is no reason!

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Hey, Adiko!

I do apologize that your experience didn't meet your expectations. Ultimately, it's our aim to ensure that our customers are happy - without you guys, we don't have a business. :)

That said, an active subscription is required to access the service - the points are there to facilitate downloading the scans. We can certainly look into clarifying this on the subscription information page to avoid any misconceptions or confusion in the future. If you'd like to reach out to me at jonathan @ quixel . se, I'll see what I can do to assist you further with this issue.

Kind regards,
  • Adiko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Adiko vertex
    hey Synaesthesia,
    I think you still dont understand what the main problem here is... Actually it's just not about me, its about your regular costumers.
    There is absolutely no reason to block and delte Points your customer has paid for! "when the customer is no longer subscribing"  beside the fact to keep them in the subscription to make more money of them! its just sad! and 100% customer unfriendly.

My brother subscribed and bought points on different sites "mainly StockPhoto  sites" for web developement and  he never experienced something like the megascans policy. I mean there is not much to tell about right ? Everybody should understand what this is about... And mostly important people should not support such a business model.

Its not just about that you should make it very clear for your average customer what happend when you dont extend your subscription, no its about why is quixel doing this to his customers ? Why would you delete points which you customer has paid for ? why ?

And please dont take this personal Synaesthesia, my anger is aligned to the people at quixel which decided to rob they're own customers! Not you as a support person here on the forums.

I alreday extended my subscription because of the fear all my points are getting deleted, nice work quixel! Is this how you want to make your customers feel ?
    I have really no more words left, all this after seling us or at least me a broken version of the quixel suite 1.0 ? Without any support for almost one year ? Again ist just sad and poor!

I will make sure to spread the word about this everywhere! Cause this is just brazen. like i wrote before i will also contact PayPal and take a look into the EU legal position about this since i have a law insurance. Im even not doing this because of the money, its really just a principle thing!
    So many customers complained about Quixel Suite V1 back in the days, even i could jump on the hate train back in the days i never did so cause i believed in the good... and now this.

• waqarazim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    waqarazim polycounter lvl 7
    Hey Adiko,

Thank you for writing to us in such detail, we really appreciate it. We are very sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction of the service. We strongly believe feedback like this is the best way to improve our products and in fact has been a driving force for our development from the very beginning. Firstly we would like to clarify what a Megascans subscription means because we feel a lot of confusion is only because of a not-so-clear explanation/interpretation of the monthly quota system. Naturally we are to blame for that and we want to make things crystal clear.

Under a subscription users are entitled to consume X number of points/quota. It is a monthly quota that cannot be considered the same as purchased points that are usable for eternity. It is also worth noting that almost all similar subscription models offer a lot worse quota system. Even though we would not like to be compared to stock photo services, we surely have a similar business model and we have tried to be MUCH more generous when it comes to usage, stockpiling and forfeiting rules. This especially includes allowed downloads and usage in endless number of projects even after users stop subscribing.

For your satisfaction I am quoting the subscription termination terms from the worlds largest stock photo company iStockPhoto (Getty Images).

http://www.istockphoto.com/se/legal/license-agreement
    (under 8. Termination/Cancellation/Withdrawal)
    Unless renewed, subscription agreements terminate automatically at the end of the subscription period, with a 30 day grace period to use any content downloaded during the subscription term in a project or other end use. Content incorporated into projects or end uses prior to the expiration of the grace period may continue to be used in perpetuity in that project and in any other projects. Any content not included in a project at the end of the 30 day grace period is not considered licensed and must be deleted. 

http://www.istockphoto.com/se/legal/membership-agreement 
    (under 8. Term and Termination)
    Upon termination of your access to the membership portions of the Site, you agree to forfeit all download credits remaining in your account.

The above terms mean that all accumulated quota is deleted if the user stops subscribing. It also clearly states that none of the downloaded assets can be used in production (if unused) after a subscription is terminated and the grace period has finished.

In contrast we allow stockpiling of available points while only locking them on termination. We also allow unlimited usage of downloaded assets on any number of current and future projects regardless of subscription status. As Megascans is technically still in beta, we have the opportunity to make improvements on all fronts including subscription terms and agreements. Your post has generated a lot of interest at our company for tweaking our business model and further clarify the terms to better serve our customers. As a first step we would like to extend the grace period (on ending a subscription) to 3 months. This means unlike other similar services that forfeit a users monthly quota on subscription termination, we will allow users to keep the accumulated points for up to 3 months after unsubscribing or failing to renew.

We understand your and other customers frustration with Quixel SUITE and have worked hard to not make the same mistakes, neither on SUITE nor on Megascans and always strive to provide the best experience with very flexible refund policy should you encounter problems with the tools, sometimes even beyond the refund cut off periods.

Having said that, we really appreciate your and our entire community’s feedback and will continue to work on improving all aspects of the Megascans service. 

Cheers
  • Adiko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Adiko vertex
    hey,
    First of all thank you for your answer!
    I understand the Quixel Idea of a subscription model but i still don't understand why you guys have choosen to take the customer unfriendly path!
    Yes there are sites which offer the same or even worst subscription model!  I agree! But there are also a ton of sites which offer a customer friendly solution/subscription. Why don't you post a link to a customer friendly site ? Why only showing us that there are the same or even worst subscription models ? Sorry but explaining your customer unfriendly policy with... look the are more companys which give a sh*t about they're cusstomers.... is just a bad joke and a poor way to justify thats why we choosed the current customer policy.

Just becasue you guys are offering a very unique and nice service with megascans "at the moment", this doesn't mean you should rob or treat your customers in a bad way with a weird company policy. Cause lets say how it is, deleting points and forcing your customer to stay subscribed is just a very fishy way to take more money out of your customers pockets. You have a really great service and i really hope and believe quixel will make a ton of money with megascans, cause it's simply a amazing product but just don't do it in such a fishy way.

So every person/user/subscriber will clearly see, there is no reason to delete or block points your customer has paid for! You guys can come up with 100 similar or even worst services on the internet, there are still enough compays which offer a fair way to handle a subscription model. The only question here is, where is quixel at? Is quixel just all about the money ? Or do you guys actually like to give your customers a fair treatment with your megascans service ?

Im not expecting any answer to my question and i dont like to be rude so please save your time telling me that you guys are actually all about your customers....

Your actions in the past with Quixel Suite V.1.0 + and the current Megascans Subscription policy are speaking very loud and clear to me.
    So instead of making your service "maybe" more expensive or even extending the we will delete your points policy to 3 months, just be fair and leave the sh*t like deleting or freezing your customers point. It can be so easy, it's just a pity why some copanys decide to take to unfair path.

For me there is actually nothing more say, i'm just curious to see where the journey will go after Beta.
    I talked alreday with view persons about this and we have all the same opinion about this... If Quixel/Megascans didn't change to a good, we wont be any longer customers of any quixel product.

Cheers...

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    We're definitely listening and will look into any available opportunity to improve our services and tools. Thank you for the feedback - it's our sincere hope that you'll enjoy the journey alongside us as Megascans continues to mature and Quixel SUITE continues to improve.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can be of assistance in the future.  :)
  • Adiko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Adiko vertex
    hey,
    We are now good two weeks into the new year... any positive or new updates to current still customer unfriendl policy ?
    Every month with this shi### policy, is one month more that your cutomers are forced to stay subscribed until they have enough and leave your service, especially because there are no updates since 2 months. Not sure where the problem lies to make a quick and customer friendly decision here!!! Ay update on this would be appreciated....

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Over the holidays, we changed the service up a bit. Points are now never deleted, and you can cancel without worry. We're looking into the potential of allowing expired subscriptions to use the remaining points on their account.

With that said, new content should be out within a month!
  • Adiko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Adiko vertex
    This is what i call amazing news! The last step would be to allow "like you wrote" to use remaing points on expired subscriptions.
    Changing things to good, makes me and some friends of mine not quiting megascans for our work, so this are really good news, thank you!
  • pixelking
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pixelking null
    Here is a question I can't seem to get a clear answer. If I get a subscription to MEgascans and in time decide to cancel for some reason, does that mean that EVERY asset I downloaded before I cancelled I will no longer be able to use in projects anymore?  Thanks for any assistance. 
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Please create a new thread for issues that do not directly relate to the thread topic you're responding to. :) I'll lock this thread after this reply.

If you're using a non-studio subscription, the assets you acquire may be used under the terms of the subscription for the life of ownership. E.g. hobbyist assets may not be used for freelance or indie games development, but may be used for non-commercial work.
This discussion has been closed.