Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

3D character designer needed for developing a 'dark' puzzle game

I3lue
null
Offline / Send Message
I3lue null
ello everyone,

I'm Tudor. I'm 26 and I'm a programmer by day and (I try to be) a game designer by evening.

I really want to build an Android puzzle game that will be both hard and entertaining. I believe that the gaming industry is in a dark place right now (with almost no original content coming out) and I hope that by bringing my idea to life I can offer a breath of fresh air to both developers and the audience.

The game would revolve around beating 10 levels, each posing an unique challenge. The game has a very dark and serious setting, with close to no jokes or sarcasm. I have a few levels running in Unity:

Click image for larger versionName1pngViews1Size10079 KBID462196Click image for larger versionName2pngViews1Size6145 KBID462197

I've been working with an amazing designer from Norway and he helped me by creating some nice Unity assets and the main character's weapon:

Click image for larger versionNameKatana_v7pngViews2Size118 MBID462000

I also have 4 people with which I started doing some voice recordings for the different characters. Everything was going great up until the designer told me that he's only a hard surfaces designer and he knows nobody that would be a good character designer.

Everyone is doing pro-bono work on the project, so I started looking for a character designer online. After over 10 failures on DeviantArt and on Sketchfab, I barely managed to find a great artist that's now working on sketching one of the characters. He recently told me that he started working on a new job and his time will be limited. He definitely mentioned that he can't do 3D design and knows no such designer anyway.

And that's my story up until now: 4 months of great development; then 4 months of stagnation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I need: 2 3D characters designed and (if possible) 2-3 very short (20-30 sec) and simple animations. The characters are pretty complex since they have quite some details to them.

As mentioned above, I can "offer" you: working on the project for the fun/ desire (to add to your portfolio maybe?); or, if the project becomes profitable, a % of the profits (I truly believe that hard work should be rewarded). If you think this is too much work, then I can offer up to 100$ in payment once a month, but only for up to 4-5 months since my salary will surely feel the difference.

I had to deal with many unprofessional people who delayed me for days, weeks or even months, or started working only to quit after a few days or even worse: flat out stopped responding midway through.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope that my post is in line with the rules (read them but maybe I skipped something) and I hope to hear from you soon.

I'll be lurking on this thread, but here's my email just in case: tudors152005 at gmail dot com

Replies