Home Royalties or Post-Launch Compensation Work

Looking for 3D modelers, riggers, and animators

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Who we are
Hello! I'm David Forbes, the owner of Qbots LLC, a small gaming studio with nine part-timers working on a game called Qbots. The game is designed to engage players in multiple ways (Build, Battle, Share, Explore) and has a detailed history and backstory that informs the world and the game play.

We took a very stripped down demo of the game to the Let's Play! Expo in PA last year and were voted Best Gameplay, beating out the largest gaming studio in Pennsylvania. We couldn't get people out of our booth, and nearly everyone asked if they could buy a copy (no, not yet). It was great validation that we're on the right path.

What we are looking for
We are working on a beta release of the game through Steam Greenlight later. We have four 3D modelers building assets but none are very good at rigging and animating. Our past animator had to leave because of an avalanche of work from his day job. 

So ideally we're looking for someone who has experience with all three, but if you just like to rig and animate that would work as well. 

Here's a link to some of the work our previous animator did: https://sketchfab.com/search?q=qbots

Contact
If you're interested or have more questions, please contact me at dave@qbots.net.

More information
The website is a little stale while we update the game, but there's some more information available at www.qbots.net. I can also provide you with a copy of the game as it now exists and the original Reference Guide, 2.0 Roadmap documents, and a Minimum Build Requirements Document for the beta release. We have an Assembla workspace we use to manage the codebase and assets.

This would be a royalty-based role or an assignment of an equity position within the company. 

Thank you!

Replies