Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Project: Wanderer's Quest - The cutesy animal RPG game

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Chlowaii polycounter lvl 2
Hello lovelies of Polycount!

I thought it was about time I post something decent up here, so I thought I'd make a thread for my games project, Wanderer's Quest!
It's a Cute Animal RPG with puzzles and quests etc that's set on a cliffy / mountainous area. The area I'm working on for the moment is the main small village area which acts as a hub. (You can get to other areas from this as a starting point, E.G Start on the trial through the Waterfall to get to a Aqua village and Water plains.)

This is a Solo project in UE4 which is being completed by myself, though I have an Animator on my team who Will be creating a cutscene and in-game Animations! (I'm a GA Generalist Currently, so I do a bit of character concept, modelling and Dabble in UE4) I'm very open to advice, crit and feedback so please do not hesitate! I'd love to hear your opinions on my progress so far! 

This may be a bit of a large art dump, so apologies! 

The protagonist is the Red Panda below!

Sheep Guard NPC (The town's Royal Sentry are all members of the Lamb Family, E.G Sheep, Llamas, Rams, Alpacas) Note: This was the first ever drawing I did for the project, hence the colouring style is not as refined, I improved my colouring style after this, so this one needs recolouring

Hedgehog Farmer (Bramble Family members are Farmers, using their spines to roll and collect crops)

Demons (The Bad Guys)

The Blacksmiths (The Rodent family : Chinchilla and Mouse)

Sloth Milk maid and a Mail Cat! (Non Anthromophised Animals are actually sort of Spiritual Shape Shifters, rather like the demons but passive and friendly)

Raccon Traveller/Merhcant and a Royal Sentry Ram Marksman

Royal Sentry Lamb Scout and Demon Guardian. (Lambs are Scouts before they grow up and become sentry, They were masks to hide their identities due to a casting system, in which the cream of the crop are sent to the Kings Town to be the highest cast of Guard.The masks are passed down through family and vary through each family, but mroe or less serve the same purpose. They also act as a defence mechanism; when the mask senses fear of the wearer, the hollowed eyes shine brightly, dazzling enemies away) (The Demon Champion is an amalgamation of smaller demons and it's surroundings. E.G a forest one will inherit tree bark and foliage as part of it's features)

Here's the 3D Model of my Protagonist (Rig is W.I.P)

I also have a Vertical slice (with greybox) so far; lots to improve but hopefully this gives an idea of what I'm going for. Also, the music is purely placeholder and to act as a atmosphere set-up for composers who may be interested! (Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Skyloft)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP55x-JPMp0

Replies