Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Characters handpainted study

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
artbychien polycounter lvl 8
Hi everyone 
I currently take an online workshop with Gui Pu of handpainted 3D characters.
I mostly work on environment modeling and texturing... and I have hard times working on some human shape setting elements, such as figures on coins or statues. So I decided to take this course to enhance my anatomy as well as handpainted skill.
I'd like to share my assignments and progress in this class with you, and hopefully, I could get some feedback and crits. I appreciate.

So our first couple weeks homework is anatomy study and one female head (instructor provided the models), and create one female head from beginning based on a given concept. Also two male busts.

I completed the face part of the girl and still working on the hair area. And based on the feedback of Gui, I'm going to fix the geometries, so far the faces are uneven and too high polycount. And I'll tweak the position of eyes, mouth, and nose(bring them more down).

my anatomy study... it's kind of rough now. I finish most of the bigger shape, minor details are not done yet.

Replies

• artbychien
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    artbychien polycounter lvl 8
    This week's course is the reflective material, such as armor.
    The given concept and model I've made so far. I'm going to create more detail elements and organic shape hard surface.
    Here is the given concept.

The model I've done so far: