Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Establishing A Male Template Body [Opinions Highly Valued:]

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
braintrain polycounter lvl 7
Hi there polycounter:)

As the title suggests I am trying to create a base body that I can use for future projects and as learning reference.
I think I have pretty much finished the dynamesh state and plan to move on to use subdivisions to get finer details as well as the toes done.

For that I´d be glad if you guys tell me if there are things I should revisit or change before making this step.
I used reference pictures from the web as well as two anatomy books and the knowledge I have so far from the female body.
This is the second time I am trying to create a male body seriously, so please be patient with me if I don´t get what you are trying to explain to me at first^^

Thank you for dropping by!

Here is a link to sketchfab if you want to see the mesh in 3D.

Replies

• braintrain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ah dang, I totally forgot to post my progress. Anyway I do it now so it makes sense to see changes based of this step, rather than my last state.
    I started refining the muscles to get more subtle shapes. Also, I made some proportional tweaks because I ran into a problem where I couldn´t sculpt the external oblique and serratus muscles into place. I´m still not sure if I understand the shape of those muscles good enough for future sculpting...

• braintrain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Based on that last state, I made proportional changes to reduce the volume of the torso. It felt too stylized and I like to keep the base mesh in the border of the possible.
    Also, I wasn´t too happy with the muscle definition so I sculpted another pass. Might have to redo the back, because I feel like I copied my reference too much. However, hands and feet are finally next. The head is another dimension.