Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Mastering Organic Modeling Character Progress Thread

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
ElliotB polycounter lvl 6
Hey Polycount, so I have seen other artists create these really cool threads where you follow the life of a 3D project. I am currently taking an online course Mastering Organic Modeling with Gio Nakpil through Mold 3D. We just got underway with our characters for the course and I thought it would be cool to make one of these threads and open my character to further critique opportunities. 

I plan to get to a certain point with the character by the end of the course which is in 4 weeks, and then will continue to work on him after the course until completion. So there should be updates to this thread every week until the character is complete. So without further delay here is the project.

I am working off a concept done by Minjun Kim. The first image you see will be us laying down the primary shapes of the character. These are the large forms where everything else rests on, so it may look very odd at the moment but hopefully by the end of the week 2 it will start looking a lot more like the character. I also had a bit of problems in this stage since were to model the character in a slight T-pose and the character is so large and in a pose in the concept so I had to try and work that out.

its like stay puft marshmallow man and michelin man had a love child....

Next update coming soon, thanks for the time guys/gals and please feel free to leave feedback or critiques on any of the updates.

Replies