Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Stylized Captain America

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Boomer polycounter lvl 6

Hey guys !
Iam opening this topic to share my progress on a character based on concept of Corey Smith that I found on Artstation. There`s not much right now, just starting to block some basic shapes. I hope to get some C&C pls. Thanks. 

Replies

• DGB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DGB polycounter lvl 7
    Looks pretty good so far - reminds me a little of the DCAU style.
  • Boomer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Boomer polycounter lvl 6
    Tweak some proportion and add base for the suit

His face need a lot more attention. Maybe someone can suggest something on him ??

• Boomer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Boomer polycounter lvl 6
    Some update on the character. Rework his body and block suit pices. Please tell me what do you think of him now. Thank you!!!

• JHS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JHS polycounter lvl 5
    Captain morning wood! I´m not sure about the proportions, maybe the torso/arms could be shorter so the legs won´t look so little, but maybe this ends up looking like he´s a dwarf... in the concept the legs/boots are more thick so this might compensate their shortness.
  • emerald-shine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    emerald-shine polycounter lvl 4
    This looks awesome. I think JHS got it right. The legs are throwing it off. In the concept they similar to the arms in terms of thickness. I also think the neck needs to slope down more. I know its covered up by the straps but it breaks up the Sillouette and doesnt quite match the concept.
    This is one to watch for sure :smile:
  • Boomer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Boomer polycounter lvl 6
    JHS said:
    Captain morning wood! I´m not sure about the proportions, maybe the torso/arms could be shorter so the legs won´t look so little, but maybe this ends up looking like he´s a dwarf... in the concept the legs/boots are more thick so this might compensate their shortness.
    Thanks, I tried to fix his disproportions in this small update.
    This looks awesome. I think JHS got it right. The legs are throwing it off. In the concept they similar to the arms in terms of thickness. I also think the neck needs to slope down more. I know its covered up by the straps but it breaks up the Sillouette and doesnt quite match the concept.
    This is one to watch for sure :smile:
    Thank for the help!!! I want to save that curve on the neck so I think those straps should be kind of "build in" and don`t brake that line .  In next update i will move into adding some details.
     C&C Are welcome.