Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

(WIP) Fear and Loathing and Zbrush

DGB
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
DGB polycounter lvl 7
New weekend project a started recently after finding an old copy of Thompson's Fear and Loathing '72. Wanted to get some hard surface and cloth practice in. Next weekend I'm going to put some more time into the shirt and keep working on the head and face. I'm thinking about trying the Insert Mesh hair method, but given how short the hair is, duplicating simple zmodel subtools might be (a little) faster. In the meantime, feedback is welcome!

Replies

• DGB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DGB polycounter lvl 7

Got a start on the shirt and a little bit of the hair up top this weekend.

• DGB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DGB polycounter lvl 7
    Thanks! This has been a fun piece to work on so far.
  • DGB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DGB polycounter lvl 7

Still figuring out the hair. I'd like to bring this into UE4 in the end, so I might scrap what I have and just do cards (I originally wanted to just make the hair a solid piece, but there's a lot of thinner hairs near the top). I want to tweak the rest of the mesh a little more, but I feel as though I should figure out what to do with the hair beforehand. Many thanks for any critiques or suggestions from you guys.
  • DGB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DGB polycounter lvl 7

Trying to lay down hair cards using curves but there seems to be some kind of orientation issue with the cards keeping them from snapping together. I'm going to fiddle with settings for a while, but if anyone's had experience with similar techniques and has a good fix, let me know. Thanks!
  • DGB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DGB polycounter lvl 7
    May just have to suck it up at this point and brute-force my way through placing hair cards/strands individually (especially around the top of the head) or fall back on sculpting. Got my hands on Quixel over the holidays and it's done wonders for the shirt texture compared to my manual attempt, so I can't wait to play around with it some more and try it out on skin and hair.