Home Technical Talk

Maya - Selection threshold

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
gestoryscht polycounter lvl 7
Hi guys,
is there a way to change the selection threshold to something reasonable?

This gif shows my problem. Clicking on the upper half of the stick, Maya selects the arms and legs.
Clicking the lower part, the selection is correct. This is very annoying to be honest D:

Replies

• Kert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kert polycounter lvl 5
    Hey I have same problem in 2016 and 2017, I found 1 way is use the default viewport. He is more slow but selection is accurate.
  • seb3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seb3d polycounter lvl 11
    whats your display resolution? you maybe need to adjust the "click box size" in settings preferences > selection. if i´m not completely wrong it´s measured in pixels so the lower your resolution and the smaller the objects are on screen the lower it should be.
  • genwu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    genwu polycounter lvl 7
    this has been an ongoing problem for me as well, any solutions to this very annoying problem would be much appreciated!

under select > automatic camera based selection seemed to work for selecting, but while trying to work with components selection was a pain bc it almost turned on back face culling for it which was also a pain :/
  • gestoryscht
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gestoryscht polycounter lvl 7
    Display resolution - 1920x1080. Nothing fancy here.
    But I will test your solution @seb3d

I dont understand this. I dont want to bash maya, but I came from Blender and things like this are never a problem. How is this possible for a multi billion program?