Home Unreal Engine

unreal screengrabs first project

alexworx
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
alexworx polycounter lvl 5
Hi all,
I am looking for some constructive criticism on my first unreal project. Still working my way through things but running into some issues.

This was a scene I  original did in 3ds max with vray and decided to use it as my learning project for unreal.

Below are screen grabs from the latest build.

One of the issues is some the doors are completely black, I think that's due to not having any light uvs? I have to go back and check that. Could it be something else?

I also could not figure out how to flip the animated movie in the TV screen. If you look closely the words are flipped in the shot. I don't know how to flip the map in the shader.

The biggest thing I am struggling with is the camera FOV. How do I control that better? Right now when I move around the space in the view-port the FOV is way to big.

The other thing I would love to do is produce a animation ( I am looking into the Sequencer now ) and export it. Any suggestions on the fps that I should be using?

Once I have the animation done I want to package it up and put it on the web to allow my client to watch the animation that I produced then when its over interactively walk through the space. Would I do that by using the package HTML5?

Thanks for time everyone,
Regards
Alex

Replies

• Tzur_H
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tzur_H polycounter lvl 9
    are the doors set to movable?  if they are, you need a stationary or movable (fully dynamic) lights to support it.
    if you've started with a level preset, you should have a PlayerCharacter blueprint, you can open that, and in there you'll see a camera actor, click on the camera and you have settings for FOV, and post processing effects as well.
  • alexworx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    alexworx polycounter lvl 5
    Thanks Tzur_H

No the doors are not set to movable. I didnt not start with a level preset, so in that case what should I do?

Thanks

Alex