Home Adobe Substance

Border Square graph where?

polycounter
Offline / Send Message
Justo polycounter

tl;dr: Is the border square brush graph from SP2 somewhere in the root folders?

Hey all, so I was trying to build a set of alphas to draw panel lines, in order to stop baking from floating geo and do it all inside SP. This would include long thin lines, square-shaped alphas, etc etc, and with exposable parameters they'd be super easy and flexible to use. SP by default includes many of these luckily.

One alpha I felt was missing was a square brush which could have a parameter for how smooth/curved its corners would be, since sometimes hard scifi stuff has curved corners, instead of 90°ed ones. I thought the Shape Border Square alpha from SP 2 was a good start for this, since it already includes parameters for adjusting width and hardness, which are also very important to make this flexible. However, SP only has the sbsar files, and upon opening them in SD, I couldn't even see a graph to copy, even though the input parameters are there to modify.

Replies

• Jerc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    You can grab the Shape graph in the Patterns section of the library.
    It will let you choose several shapes, one of them being Brick. The parameter called "Pattern Specific" will allow you to round the corners of the shape, combine it with a levels node and you should be able to do a lot of cool stuff.