Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

My Demo Reel

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
AGoodFella polycounter lvl 5
Updated demo reel. Its my first demo reel so I hope to land a junior gig with it. Still got a long way to go....

Replies

• AGoodFella
  • _adamturnbull
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey man, you've got some good stuff in there! :) A couple of nit-picky things I noticed were:

• Run: She seems to be holding her shield at a strange angle, like shes holding a handbag. Maybe have it resting above her arm instead of below?

• Follow Through: There is a little too much follow through sometimes that makes it look unnatural. Such as at 00:58 after she lets go of him, he lands and his hands are bouncing around a little too much.

• Sudden Movements: Some movements seem to happen too fast, such as when superman stands up at 00:38. This could do with a little more time to make it readable.

• Weight: The lifting of the bomb looks cool but the weight seems off when he puts it onto his shoulder at 00:44. It feels like the center of the bomb should be resting on his shoulder, not the back. At the moment it feels like he'd fall forwards.

The throw might work better as an arc too rather than him throwing it directly forward.

Nothing huge but some little things that might help! Nice reel overall!
  • AGoodFella
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AGoodFella polycounter lvl 5
    Thanks for the notes!