Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Dwarven Cavern Work in Pogress

vertex
Offline / Send Message
Avcat vertex
I have a project for University to make an environment in UE4 from a film/book or concept art. I chose this cavern from Dragon Age Inquisition concept art because I like the mixture of organic modeling and some hard surface it will require. 

Replies

• Avcat
    Offline / Send Message
    Avcat vertex
    These are the assets I've sculpted so far. They were created in Maya to begin with then imported into Zbrush to give them high resolution detail. 
  • Earthyn
    Offline / Send Message
    Earthyn polycounter lvl 2
    Hey! So the models all look extremely soft, almost like they have melted or lava ran over them.

I would recommend getting the hard edges down before moving on. Also I would lay off the use of Noise until later on 
  • Avcat
    Offline / Send Message
    Avcat vertex
    Earthyn said:
    Hey! So the models all look extremely soft, almost like they have melted or lava ran over them.

I would recommend getting the hard edges down before moving on. Also I would lay off the use of Noise until later on 
    Thanks for the feedback. I had a little go at your suggestions and hope I improved the models. Unfortunately I'm on a tight schedle with this project as I have to hand it in next week so haven't been able to spend as much time on the assets as I'd like. I will however come back to it in my spare time and have another go when I can.
  • Avcat
    Offline / Send Message
    Avcat vertex
    I've had to churn this project out pretty quickly so have had my head down today to get some progress under my belt. Here are all my assets textured and in Unreal Engine 4 (Unlit), My final layout of the scene (Unlit) and a fully lit screenshot from the same angle as the concept art. I will be doing a fly through for the actual hand in but that will come once I'm fully happy that everything is finished. Any advice would be welcome and will be taken into consideration for next time I do something like this but at this point I only have time to make small changes to this project.
  • Avcat
    Offline / Send Message
    Avcat vertex
    I'm handing in the project on Tuesday so this is my final reel for it. Hope you like it.
    https://youtu.be/LkC7aCAKllY