Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] StarWalk Scene (WIP)

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
PLYONS polycounter lvl 2
A WIP of a scene I made inspired by a concept by Nicolas Ferrand, and by tons the really cool Sci-Fi games being made. Still working on lighting, materials, and prop placement. 

Replies

• PLYONS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PLYONS polycounter lvl 2
    Scene Update: Added the greatest thing to ever hit Sci-Fi scenes...PIPES AND CRATES!!
                             As well as some lighting and material tweaks. 

• Envie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Envie polycounter lvl 3
    p nice

I keep lookin at that wet floor sign and I'm feelin like it doesn't really make much sense here, the floor doesnt look wet, doesn't even look like it's something that could get wet what with that grating.
  • PLYONS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PLYONS polycounter lvl 2
    @Envie Thanks for the feedback! I'll get rid of the wet floor signs.
  • Sharur
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sharur polycounter lvl 2
    Maybe dirty yellow color is not the best to go with all of this. Try using light orange, maybe? Also, from this amount of lamps, floor would lit up like a Christmas tree. Pages on the floor look very artificially arranged. Try making different ones (crumpled) and scatter them more chaotically. Also, the platform at the bottom right corner is lit by unknown source of light. Or maybe I'm just blind.

Hope that helps!
  • PLYONS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PLYONS polycounter lvl 2
    @Sharur Thank you for your feedback. I did I quick color change in photoshop from yellow to orange, I like the orange in some places and the yellow in others so I'll have to test a way to bring that feel together, thoughts? Most of the lamps are off, the ones that are on are supposed to look dim (Low power) but if they look too bright I'll have to play with that glow. I'll definitely make some more variation with some paper crumple as well (maybe some different stain levels also). thanks again for your comments!
  • Sharur
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sharur polycounter lvl 2
    @PLYONS
    Definitely looks better with orange. It all comes together. Red parts of door, orangle light, blue screens and some green light on the walls. Almost done here. Good job.