Home Unreal Engine

Texture inconsistancies between photoshop and UE4.

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Thane- polycounter lvl 3
I'm getting this variance with color and light/contrast level in the diffuse in UE4 with the default scene and having turned off most or all of the post processing stuff in the viewer already. Turning off the spherical reflection thing helps but only pushes it about 10% to 20% of the way. Disabling all the lighting doesn't seem to help either. I tried changing the bp_sky_shere's colors to white, only two of them were blue'ish or off-white that i noticed. I then tried building everything on both preview and production. No notable difference.

Any idea what is wrong?

Replies

• EliasWick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EliasWick polycounter lvl 9
    It's been a while since you posted this, but here we go: It could be in the case of you having Photoshop Color Settings set to something different. Look up the standard Settings and set them to that.
  • Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    EliasWick said:
    It's been a while since you posted this, but here we go: It could be in the case of you having Photoshop Color Settings set to something different. Look up the standard Settings and set them to that.

Actually its just the lighting...
  • EliasWick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EliasWick polycounter lvl 9
    Obscura: Really, how would you know that?

Edit: Oh, I see now... Never mind.
  • Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    EliasWick said:
    Obscura: Really, how would you know that?

Edit: Oh, I see now... Never mind.
    You can see that the "hue change" is coming from the diffuse lighting. The one in the viewport is more blue-ish, most likely because of a skylight and a skysphere setup.

The material editor has a certain cubemap and lighting to it, and I'd assume he doesn't have the same lighting in the level. Also make sure that you have fixed exposure, and no any post process - yes, in the original post its stated that they are already turned off.

So the further question is, whats the problem with this, first of all, why is this bad? You'll get different look under every different lighting. 

Or are you asking why you get the difference?

It would be cool though, to have an option to assign a cubemap in the material editor preview window, for sure.