polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
DKeymer3d polycounter lvl 5

Replies

• DKeymer3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So kinda dumb of me to start this just days before the Overwatch Halloween event dropped. Regardless i'm back on track and here with a few update. Having had some time off there were a few things I went back and improved on with the high poly. Mainly adding in extra bevels to both make it more accurate to the reference and make things easier when it comes to baking. 
    As for the low poly, I managed to get it down to 6839 tris. Not bad considering all the extra bevels. I would like to make a point that I am modelling interiors with the intention of getting some renders of it opening up and moving like it does in game. 
    As always C and Cs much appreciated.
  • DKeymer3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    For those who requested to see the finished model here are some renders. I'll be honest I totally forgot that I made a polycount thread on this project and never got around to posting any updates.

In addition, I am please to announce that after so many requests to have this model 3d printable, a version has been made. It is currently being printed for the first time by the gentleman who approached me first. This has allowed us to test the print, iron out any problems and make adjustments to the model for practical use. In exchange for provideing valuable feedabck to further improving the model, this gentleman has asked for a few months exclusive ownership of the files after the prop has been completed. After which I am more than happy to share the files with anyone who ask for them. If you are interested please contact me either through my email or through polycount. As always, comments and feedback is welcome and encouraged either for the visually accurate model or the 3d print version.  
  • JamesMorrison3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This built is so beautiful. The detail is so accurate. Thank you for your work.
  • DKeymer3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow, another Morrison. Thanks man, glad you like it.