Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] Retro Sci-Fi

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Sharur polycounter lvl 2
Hi all! I recently started working on Retro Sci-Fi environment. Heavily inspired by the first Alien movie. This is my progress so far.

Some of the images from my moodboard.

Main corridor and intersection, I am planning to add doors, rooms for the crew, ladders, maybe even a bridge. Not sure about that one yet.

Replies

• CJE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CJE polycounter lvl 13
    This is looking really cool so far. I'd love to see some shots of the individual pieces!

Looking at your mood board, the only critique I have is it doesn't really have that dead, claustrophobic feeling of Alien. Maybe consider dimming the lighting a bit making the hallway more narrow?
  • Sharur
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sharur polycounter lvl 2
    Thanks for the feedback! I'll see what I can do with the light and the atmosphere.
    I will post some individual shots later on.
  • cmc444
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cmc444 polycounter lvl 11
    I like this so far. I think either the roof should be a bit darker to frame the room. Right now because of all the white it is hard to focus on one area. Maybe some colored panels might help break it up every once in a while. 
  • Sharur
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sharur polycounter lvl 2
    cmc444 said:
    I like this so far. I think either the roof should be a bit darker to frame the room. Right now because of all the white it is hard to focus on one area. Maybe some colored panels might help break it up every once in a while. 
    You mean colored panels on the ceiling, right? I'll try that one too.