Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Locker Room - UE4

Rhoutermans
polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Rhoutermans polycounter lvl 12
Spent about 20-25 hours on this on and off, used Substance Designer for the materials. Tried using as few textures and materials as possible, meshes all modular too. Rendered in UE4.

check it out @ https://www.artstation.com/artwork/WrX5v 
Any feedback always appreciated!

Based on this  concept by Atomhawk Design:

Any feedback is always great!

Replies

• kohg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kohg polycounter lvl 9
    Love the simplicity. Though i think you could've pushed the lighting a bit further to match or surpass the concept's.
  • Neyull
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neyull polycounter lvl 8
    Great, I'd also suggest playing with the tiling on the punched hole material, make the holes smaller as it's throwing the scale out. 
  • Rhoutermans
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhoutermans polycounter lvl 12
    thanks for the feedback, I'm noting all these down so I'll give it another pass soon!
  • NoRank
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NoRank polycounter lvl 3
    Nice one, I think that you could have used some emissive stuff on the ground to match the concept's light on the ground aswell.
  • Jack M.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jack M. interpolator
    Beyond the holes I think your lighting could stand to be a bit sharper/brighter.
  • Dan Powell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dan Powell polycounter lvl 5
    This is ace, so simple but looks visually amazing!

I don't know how accurate you're trying to be to the concept (it's looking great at the moment); however, there's a much warmer and more reflective light being cast on the top of the lockers within the concept art, in comparison to your piece. :)

Quite a bit more dust/wear on your lockers too than in the concept 
  • Omnicypher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Omnicypher polycounter lvl 9
    this looks more like a server room than a locker room, since locker rooms have benches in the middle and vents on the locker doors to keep the smell of sweaty clothes from building up. server rooms don't need those vents because they have internal cooling built into the server racks. maybe you can add a server rack texture covered in LEDs, and throw that behind the locker glass doors and just call it a server room. 

also, that floor has a lot of stuff to trip over, and the floor grate is way too large for normal water drainage or air conditioning, it looks more like something you would find in an airlock room, where massive amounts of water need to be drained and filled so sailors can exit a submarine. i wouldn't want to walk across that grate barefoot while changing clothes, not only because it would hurt my feet, it also doesn't look like it would support much weight because the metal is so thin.