Home Adobe Substance

Stability and performance issues with designer 5.5.1

poopipe
grand marshal polycounter
Offline / Send Message
poopipe grand marshal polycounter
Hello, 

I've been having serious issues with stability since moving up to 5.5.1 - it was sluggish on previous versions of 5 but this is bad enough that I'm doubting whether to continue using it at all for my project.

I'm curious as to whether anyone else has experienced any of the following issues. I can't see anything on the allegorithmic forums that matches up (and has been answered) .

I get...  
hangs when adding new nodes to a graph (up to a minute)
Delays and crashes when removing input parameters from a graph via the expose parameters dialog (waits of up to 10 minutes where if you touch the ui it'll go milky and crash - or it'll just crash)
Periodic and seemingly random hangs of up to a minute.

I'm not talking about sluggish viewport performance on high res graphs  or loading a lot of large maps - this all happens on fresh graphs at 256x256 that use only library nodes. My initial instinct is that it's UI related since it is very slow to repopulate ui when adding removing input parameters. 

It's on a network license, I have the perforce scripts running, the machine is a fairly recent high end i7 with 64gb and high performance raid disks. I have multiple monitors - one is super high res, I've tried up to date gpu drivers and so on.

Ta

Replies