Home Contests & Challenges Archives XMD Contest

WIP Jasmine Heerasingh - Character

JasmineH
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
JasmineH polycounter lvl 3
This is the first time I am entering a contest. It sounds like it would be really fun. I shall do my best!! :smile:

Replies

• MikeDunnam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeDunnam polycounter lvl 6
    Glad to see you chose this contest as your first! Welcome :) Have fun. Can't wait to see what you come up with.
  • JasmineH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Glad to see you chose this contest as your first! Welcome :) Have fun. Can't wait to see what you come up with.
    Thank you! 
  • JasmineH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is a sketch of what I was thinking I could do. I figured I would give myself the challenge of working on a hard surface character and came up with this android looking guy that is giving David the small device. 

I wanted to make a character that seems like a typical hard worker who sometimes gets the short end of the stick in life. Planning to make him look rough and beat up towards to end to maybe show that he gets into fights a lot. As part of the story I got to thinking of what if in this world androids were only seen as workers or there is some sort of inner conflict between aliens and androids. So this character is wanted for doing something illegal that involves David's travel into the future. These are just some thoughts that help me form the character out. Hopefully I can pull it off in the end. 

Also here is a link to my Pinterest/ mood board for the contest if anyone needs more references.
    https://www.pinterest.com/jasmineheerasin/xmd-contest/

• Kungfujackrabbit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kungfujackrabbit polycounter lvl 10
    Great concept sketch. The look and the feel of the character and the clutter are starting to portray some feelings.  Might suggest exagerate more of the pose to really get the feeling your describing.  Nice work so far, keep it up. 
  • JasmineH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Great concept sketch. The look and the feel of the character and the clutter are starting to portray some feelings.  Might suggest exagerate more of the pose to really get the feeling your describing.  Nice work so far, keep it up. 
    Thank you!
  • JasmineH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is my next update. Been kind of busy lately so I don't have much to show but I wanted to at least update to show that I am stilling working on this contest. This week I have been working on basic anatomy and proportions before going deep into it. Still trying to figure out the best way for me to work out the hard surface pieces along his arms and head. If any one has a suggestion of which workflow works best that would be great. I like to learn new things so don't hesitate to explain in full depth. Critics are also welcome and thanks in advance!

• pmiller001
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pmiller001 greentooth
    Very nice anatomy  @jasmine  ! This is something else. I cant wait to see where this goes!
  • JasmineH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Very nice anatomy  @jasmine  ! This is something else. I cant wait to see where this goes!
    Thank you!
  • JasmineH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Been pretty busy with a seasonal retail job so I don't know if I will have time to finish it by the deadline but I will try my best. I figured that even if I don't make it in time I can still post updates for everyone to see the progress and still gain some feedback. Just wanted to show that work on the proportions and muscles some more. Kind of nervous to start sculpting out the android pieces but best I just do it rather than dwell on it. Don't want to start getting cold feet!

• JasmineH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I know it has been a while since I have last posted on here.  I'm sorry to say that I will have to pull out of this contest due to time and personal reasons. I also gotten my first freelance client and so all my time is devoted to that at the moment. I would have like to try to continue with this contest but can't. Maybe later on I can pick this up and finish it. Thanks for at least letting me tag along and I can't wait to see everyone else's entry. Keep up the good work.