Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sci fi grenade

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
benlucas polycounter lvl 5
I wanted to play a bit with Substance Painter, so I decided to model this scifi grenade, based on the concept of juan Novelletto

Screenshots taken from substance Painter :

Quick render with iRay through Substance Painter :

The original concept art from juan novelletto :

It was fun to jump into this fantastic tool, really fun and powerful !
Hope you'll like it ;)

Replies

• Daf57
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daf57 polycounter lvl 9
    Nailed it! Good job!
  • Goten-trunk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Goten-trunk polycounter lvl 12
    nice work, ............... B)
  • Maxilator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maxilator polycounter lvl 8
    I really like it, I have three critiques though.

First, the wear is very high frequency in places, making it look larger than it is, since a grenade is so small, a general scratch would be larger.

Second, edges are very sharp, this is a bit subjective but I like mine a bit softer so it shows up more in the normal map.

Third, This is also a critique of the concept but that warning sticker would be practically impossible to read.

Anyways, It looks really good despite these things, keep up the good work! :smiley:

• benlucas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    benlucas polycounter lvl 5
    @Maxilator : Thx for your feedback, it's really appreciated. (btw I was also wandering how it could be possible to read this super tiny sticker ;)  )
  • Zodd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zodd polycounter lvl 11
    The sticker is probably one of those things even tho the manufacturer and users know what's it for, it still needs to have "choking hazard not suitable for the age 0-3" :D
    But seriously good job, if i have to nitpick there are a few things
    The ring on the pin looks smaller in the concept (any maybe thicker < this may be cause of size tho)
    The bottom of the grenade (below the aluminum part) is darker and has some vertical grooves forming squares.

But as i said, nitpicking. Materials look great too.