Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Terminator 2 - Video game Console

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Zodd polycounter lvl 11
Edit:
Updating First page with final renders

Started next piece, remembered this ooooold console i had as a kid and thought it would be a nice challenge to try and remake it (finding ref images certainly was :) )
For now its ~90% finished HP, still need to add circuit boards on the inside so the light does not just pass through and give it (too much) of a cheap look
Plus need to add antenna in the back to give it some high matte/gloss contrast.

and front

And forgot to put view from bottom side

Some parts are not smoothed because total polygon count is over what my system can handle without risk of crashing.

Critique welcome and appreciated.

Replies

• jaker3278
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jaker3278 polycounter lvl 8
    Liking the detail in your high poly, it looks clean with minimal pinching and other such things. I can imagine this textured with some nice mood lighting. What do you mean by add circuit boards to the inside to stop light passing though? not sure i'm following you on that, you can just put some simple geo behind transparent buttons etc. 
  • Zodd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zodd polycounter lvl 11
    Hey, thanks for the input.

Updated the main post to clarify "light blockers" :)
    So the thing here is the console itself is pretty hollow but it has like... 2 circuit boards and very small ones at that.
    One is located above first grill ( closest to controller ) and the other one is under cartridge slot, or second grill ( farther from the controller ).
    Still good idea to cover them with simple geo, just need to see what works and what doesn't :)
  • Zodd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zodd polycounter lvl 11
    Ok, so found a bit of a spare time to work on lp and bakes. one thing that bugs me is the amount of polygons, but for now its coming along nicely.

Hopefully more to come soon
  • Zodd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zodd polycounter lvl 11
    Finally finished this.
    Comments and critique highly welcome 
  • Dragonar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dragonar polycounter lvl 10
    it's really cool dude! I really like it ! good job :)