Home Adobe Substance

SD 5 tiling output maps at different rates

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
low odor polycounter lvl 17
e.g.  I want to tile my color map x20 and my normal map at x30, and have those values exposed so I can adjust them in Unity

Just diving into SD so I apologize if this is super simple

Thanks

Replies

• RobeOmega
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RobeOmega polycounter lvl 10
    Maybe not the best way to do this but I found a way that works. I have used a Transformation 2D node with it set at 5% scaling for the 20x scaling and 3.33% for the 30x scaling. To expose this in engine simple click on the weird icon at the right hand side and click "Expose" on the parameter you want to expose. Not the best solution I know, I tried using a tile generator which worked perfectly except it converts everything to a grayscale image.

• low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks RobeOmega

its seems that SafeTransform node has a  tile  parameter  you  can  expose as well. Hmmmm  now if I could  somehow  control  have mutiple input slots into the safe transform so I could  have one parameter  control  the tiling of mutiple inputs.
  • Tzur_H
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tzur_H polycounter lvl 9
    low odor said:
    Thanks RobeOmega

its seems that SafeTransform node has a  tile  parameter  you  can  expose as well. Hmmmm  now if I could  somehow  control  have mutiple input slots into the safe transform so I could  have one parameter  control  the tiling of mutiple inputs.
    I don't quite understand what you're after.  you want individual control of tiling per input, as well as a global tiling on top of it?
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry I'm not more clear.

Less global, than to pair multiple maps to a single parameter. I guess it would be like a Safe Transform Material

e.g.

I have  a brick material (color, normal. metalness..etc)  that need unique tiling 
    I have a dirt material that also needs a unique tiling  from the brick 
    I have an emission map that does not need unique tiling but needs to be 1x:1y 

so basically 2 materials that can tile independently from the global tiling that is the home to a 1x:1y map 

I can do it using the safe transform node..it would just be easier to link every map in  the material to one parameter, instead of making one for each map in the material.

• Tzur_H
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tzur_H polycounter lvl 9
    ok, if I understand correctly.. you can expose the parameter in one safe transform node, then duplicate that node for each input map. they will all use the same parameter for the tiling.

so if we take your example, you'll have; 1 tiling parameter for all inputs for brick material, and 1 tiling for dirt material.

I'd just use the material transform node if you want to tile the maps as a whole..
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tzur_H  do you know if there is a way to add a tile  parameter to the transform material node.. it seems to only have  Rotation, Stretch, offset.

Thankss
  • Tzur_H
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tzur_H polycounter lvl 9
    the "stretch" section is the one controls the tiling. if you want one slider (integer) to control the tiling, you'd need to write a function for it.. I did it once, but I forgot how haha, sorry :[

EDIT: I've figured a way to do it :]  I attached an image with the steps. hope this helps!

• low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks  for taking the time, you rock!