Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Finished] Dryad / Wood Elemental

Icore
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Icore polycounter lvl 4
Edit : Finally took the time to finish this project and here is the result (more on my artstation https://www.artstation.com/artwork/g3J1x ) :
 First time here on polycount and I wanted to share with you the project I'm currently working on.

So this is a character based on several concept (I want it to be game ready) :

This one for the overall silhouette (concept used in Monthly character challenge of september 2015)

And for this one, I liked the idea of the legs and forearm

And here it is and it still needs a lot of work : hair is just blocking, foliage have to be made, maybe vines on the horn too or something else to break the silhouette and huge chunk  of bark levitating around the character :smiley:

While I was working on the vines I started to question which part was going to be in the normal map and which part I will have to retopologise ; for instance the jewelry aroud her torso : all in normal map ? or maybe just retopo the stone ? and if fully retopo isn't skinning going to be difficult or is there a way to project skin weight from the torso to the jewelry ?

Feel free to crit it and any advice is welcome :)

Replies