polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Aleks_T polycounter lvl 7

Replies

• Luxap
    Offline / Send Message
    Luxap polycounter lvl 6
    Looking good!

The thing that I notice straight away is that you have 4 pillars, 4 lifting arms and 4 Silo's (tube thingies on the left of the shot, I know that these are modular pieces, but It kinda bothers me that they are placed exactly opposite of each other. I do think that you can get more out of it by placing the pillars in a more randomly fashion maybe?

you could maybe have the operating arm from the back be placed more in the center of the shot to break the repetition a bit. Adding a rotation to some of the arms could help as well.

And I do miss an element of scale in there, it's kinda hard to get a feel for the scale straight away, would be nice to add some meshes to get that in there, like a forklift maybe? Some small machinery/tools, make the place a bit more lived in then just an empty space, because I really like the piece, it just misses that touch.

(sorry for the rant haha)

That said, I do really like the scene, I like the models themself, and the colors as well!
    Good job so far!

Keep it up!

• Aleks_T
    Offline / Send Message
    Aleks_T polycounter lvl 7
    Luxap said:
    Looking good!

The thing that I notice straight away is that you have 4 pillars, 4 lifting arms and 4 Silo's (tube thingies on the left of the shot, I know that these are modular pieces, but It kinda bothers me that they are placed exactly opposite of each other. I do think that you can get more out of it by placing the pillars in a more randomly fashion maybe?

you could maybe have the operating arm from the back be placed more in the center of the shot to break the repetition a bit. Adding a rotation to some of the arms could help as well.

And I do miss an element of scale in there, it's kinda hard to get a feel for the scale straight away, would be nice to add some meshes to get that in there, like a forklift maybe? Some small machinery/tools, make the place a bit more lived in then just an empty space, because I really like the piece, it just misses that touch.

(sorry for the rant haha)

That said, I do really like the scene, I like the models themself, and the colors as well!
    Good job so far!

Keep it up!

I don't know why exactly, but i did that repetition consciously. It makes me feel clean order and industrial calmness. After all i made some boxes to break it little bit.

Scale... There is a couple of stool in the shadows. Looks like after all my lighting practice i forgot them all...