Home Adobe Substance

Substance Painter - How to edit color selection mask

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
skyline5gtr polycounter lvl 9
Is there anyway to edit the color selection map, I need to add some faces / geometry to the mask and subtract others but I cannot figure out how to edit the map

Replies

• pior
    Online / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    - In the Texture shelf, right click on the ID mask and click reload (if not found you will be prompted to relocate),

- Then inthe TextureSet tab, remove the current ID mask (X button) then point to your newly reloaded texture source. It will then reload it for all color selection masks, and your whole layer stack will be recalculated accordingly.

- Or, you can also go into each layer that relies on color selection and "X" and reload the mask from there - one layer at a time.

If I am not mistaken there isn't any other way. Without a doubt it would be much better if it was just a matter of right-clicking the mask in the TextureSet and refresh from there. It's also quite worrisome that multiple layers calling the same ID mask can end up out of sync. Definitely room for improvement here.
  • Jerc
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    You can also add a paint effect on top of a color selection mask and manually paint over the mask to remove or add parts to it.
  • skyline5gtr
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc said:
    You can also add a paint effect on top of a color selection mask and manually paint over the mask to remove or add parts to it.
    Do you know of any videos like this ? I'm trying to follow this but when I have the paint layer nothing happens. I need the little circle that is half orange and a bit of green to go to the color ID for green. When I paint in the side ports folder which is green nothing happens
  • pior
    Online / Send Message
    @skyline5gtr - just to be clear, this is what you should be getting : 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghXobzaRB_M&feature=youtu.be

If not, maybe your have another layer on top occluding what you are trying to edit ? That would make sense since the paint layer you are manually creating will not be instanced into the other IDs.

@Jerc : Is there any chance for a right click reload of inputs in a future update ? That would be useful.
  • skyline5gtr
    Offline / Send Message
    Perfect that helped, I was painting on a layer that had the area masked that I needed to get at. Once i added it to teh color selection I could edit it

Thanks !
  • pior
    Online / Send Message
    Awesome, that's great to hear :)