Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Girl Hair render Type 3 (Vray)

interpolator
Online / Send Message
Pinned
charlyxxx interpolator

HIRES HERE

Hello everyone! This is my new hairstyle which I've done in my spare time.

So, meet Elisabeth. I think now I will make all my hairstyles for she =) Not for my old mannequin.

For hair grooming I used Ornatrix.

I modeled basemesh in Daz3d Studio, then brought model to 3dcoat, fixed pose and textures, resculpted body and details.

For rendering I used Vray.

For skin I used VraySkinMtl and made all textures for it in photoshop.

Hope you liked it!

Happy viewing!

Replies

• Alemja
    Offline / Send Message
    Alemja quad damage
    Final renders look good, however with the hair itself there are some things that stood out too me.
    First is that the there are too many fly-aways in the area in red, and they are too curled, it makes her hair look matted, like dreaded or curly hairstyle. However her hair looks like it should be straight and french braids are generally used to help keep hair in place and in order.
    Next is about the braid, it's a really tight looking braid, however the hair around it is very loose looking, like it's starting to come apart after being worn all day. Deciding which way you want to take it, either a looser hairstyle or a tighter freshly made one and making it consistent throughout will greatly help the look if it.

If you're able to make adjustments to the hair and render with the materials and lighting setup you have, you will have a very nice final piece.
  • charlyxxx
    Online / Send Message
    charlyxxx interpolator
    Alemja said:
    Final renders look good, however with the hair itself there are some things that stood out too me.
    First is that the there are too many fly-aways in the area in red, and they are too curled, it makes her hair look matted, like dreaded or curly hairstyle. However her hair looks like it should be straight and french braids are generally used to help keep hair in place and in order.
    Next is about the braid, it's a really tight looking braid, however the hair around it is very loose looking, like it's starting to come apart after being worn all day. Deciding which way you want to take it, either a looser hairstyle or a tighter freshly made one and making it consistent throughout will greatly help the look if it.

If you're able to make adjustments to the hair and render with the materials and lighting setup you have, you will have a very nice final piece.
    Thank you for you reply. But I see many different hairs and I understand what I do. This is other different hair. 

• Maxilator
    Offline / Send Message
    Maxilator polycounter lvl 8
    I'm with @alemja the strays are way off, which is a shame because the rest of it looks really good. The main thing i'd say isn't that there are many, it could just be a messy hair, the problem is that their curliness looks really odd and doesn't reflect the strands that are in the braid. With that amount of curliness you would see at least some waves with the same frequency in the braided hair strands.