Sekoran
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Sekoran polycounter lvl 4
And It's finished!

Arstation link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xeFsIaQB_I&feature=youtu.be

First Post

Really liked working on this one, took a bit long to finish it but learnt a lot from it - mainly foliage and Unreal related.

Block in of a scene I've been working on for about a week on and off, also my first foray into foliage and the first time in a while that I'm working with an environment as a whole. General inspiration from Madam Sherri's forest mixed in with a pair of playful children camping in the woods and building a secret hideout while camping out. Colour wise it's a bit all over the place right now but aiming for a late summer / autumn colour scale.

Will hopefully be used as a example to teach some introductory 3D techniques later this month to a smaller class of students.

And a fancy .gif with how the scene was blocked in.

Pretty happy with how the scene looks at this point so I can move on to sculpting and generally getting into each object. Will be redoing a lot of the foliage as well, much of it has far to much polygons and needs some more variation as well.

Replies

• Sekoran
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's not dead yet - I swear

Worked quite a bit on this one but a lot has come in between - hopefully I'll have more time now to finish this one off. Sculpted several pieces in the scene and going to bite into the tree or the camp at this point.

• Sekoran
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Decided to do some texturing with painter & designer, rather fun incorporating painter into my current work flow as well.

Going to back sculpting/modelling now though - want to finish the objects and get back to the foliage as well.

• NYANNOVA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NYANNOVA null
    The textured scene is really nice, it gives a whole other life to your diorama. Is the vegetation all textured planes or did you model any of it?
  • Sekoran
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's still alive!

Recently managed to get into this again, been away the whole summer so slowly getting back into it. The foliage is really taking it's time though but it's beginning to be a lot of fun as well. Still need some more variation in it and then it's back to the ground texture, want to do some vertex painting to break it up.
    NYANNOVA said:
    The textured scene is really nice, it gives a whole other life to your diorama. Is the vegetation all textured planes or did you model any of it?
    It's all cards, most of it was pretty heavy and has been (somewhat) optimized

• Sekoran
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slight update with some extra foliage and other tweaks to the scene. A few props left in the camp area before i start playing with the lighting in the scene. Hopefully finishing this one before the end of next week :#

• Sekoran
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Playing around with some fog effects, might be a bit heavy but I'm liking it right now :p

Going to tweak some of the materials a bit and work more with the lighting + LUT stuff. Aiming for the weekend!

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Looks really nice, really peaceful! It'd be a cool island, thats for sure.
  • Sekoran
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks really nice, really peaceful! It'd be a cool island, thats for sure.

Didn't quite manage to finish it today :neutral:, mostly worked with sequencer and WPO materials. Going to call it done after I've done a LUT plus baked it with more fancy settings than what I have now. Still really happy with how it's turning out though.

• Sekoran
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    And It's finished!

Arstation link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xeFsIaQB_I&feature=youtu.be

Really liked working on this one, took a bit long to finish it but learnt a lot from it - mainly foliage and Unreal related.