Home Technical Talk

Long Zbrush Boot times

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
pmiller001 greentooth
Hey y'all, quick question for those who've installed the Zbrush 4R73 update. 
My boot times are outlandish now. I timed it the last two times, and it came out to 4:56 seconds. Versus the previous, few seconds it took to boot (before the upgrade), this is needless to say, very annoying. Any body having the same issue?

Replies

• musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    Never had that issue with any version of ZB (since 1.5) been using R7 P3 for as long as it's out. Have you tried un/reinstall repatch? Which OS are you on?
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    you could try deleting the contents of zbrush's quicksave/autosave folder, it can get moody if the files in there are not to it's liking. next try moving the contents of the zstartup folder somewhere else temporarily? perhaps some script is slowing it down.

strangely enough meddling in there can break the license. as in: you might have to go through the licensing request dialog again. did it for me on corporate licenses anyway, repeatedly.

• pmiller001
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pmiller001 greentooth
    Hey y'all! thank you for the replies. I ended up just reinstalling it. I tried y'alls suggestions' but they didn't work D:. I"ll just chalk this one up as an L, cause I still didnt figure out the main issue, but alas. Its working now. Thanks though :)