Home Adobe Substance

Substance Painter very slow and crashed (imported substances from substance designer)

mobpapst
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
mobpapst polycounter lvl 4
Hey guys,

i've some materials i created and refined in substance designer and some who i got from the official side to test things out. When i export these materials out of substance designer with a 2k res in all texture channels and import it into the standart shelf of substance painter it starts to get very slow and it often times crashes. What is wrong? These crashes startet with the imported materials.

So i hope you can tell me how to stabilize my substance painter again. And how can i delete these materials again from my substance painter standart shelf? I saw a clear option but i'm scary cause of my own smart materials i dont want to lose.

So many questinos and i hope for some answers :)

cheers

Replies

• pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Had a similar experience when (somewhat carelessly) trying out a bunch of materials from Substance Share. You should be able to selectively remove these materials from your shelf by digging into the actual document folders where they are stored.
  • Jerc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    Make sure the materials you create in Designer have their output size set to Relative to Parent x1 before you publish them as sbsar so that their resolution is properly set by Substance Painter.
  • mobpapst
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mobpapst polycounter lvl 4
    so when the partent is for example 256x256 and i tune it up to four times to 2048x2028 (in substance designer) and then export it and import it to substance painter - This give me the "laags" und bad performance because he can't really get the real size of the texture or multiply it again by four?
  • Jerc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    yes, if you project in Painter is in 2048, your material already being Parentx4 means that if will try to render it at 8k.