Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Floating Island Panorama

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Chronicle polycounter lvl 5
Hey all.  I'm starting up a new little project trying to get some portfolio work together and I'd love some help and critiques along the way.  I saw the concept art for this in the monthly challenge concept thread and I really liked it so I figured I'd give it a try.

based on 

So far I'm just working on the really early block on and I'd like your thoughts on if i'm hitting the proportions and stuff right.

the idea was to have basically all the main island be one mesh and one texture sheet(does this make sense to do it this way or should i do something else?) and then have one smaller texture sheet for all the plants and flowers that i can place around the edges.

I figured I'd accomplish this by blocking everything out like this, then bring it into zBrush and dynamesh it all together and then start sculpting up to the actual look of everything.  Does this seem like a good workflow for a piece like this that doesn't really have any very notable repeating textures?  If not, is there a better way i should be approaching this?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.