Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Foxhound British Army Patrol Vehicle (Marmoset 2)

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
jaker3278 polycounter lvl 8
Just wanted to share what i have been working on over the last month. I really wanted to do a detailed model and as my friend is in the british army and working with the foxhound i thought i should do one. I wanted to do it in all its detail but make it game ready. So i did a high and low poly, plus a bake. I am happy with what i have learn't from this one and really like the game art work flow. 

Feel free to crit as much as you want. 

There a couple of things i have noticed. One being the wheels are to high res. Another being a piece that missed being ID mapped for Quixel so didnt get the correct colour. See if you can see anything. 

Software used was 3ds Max, Quixel , substance painter. Rendered in Marmoset 2

Replies

• Nyawning
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nyawning polycounter lvl 3
    i like it, it's quite accurate,
    the inside is not rich enough with details but it doesn't matter if it's not gonna be seen in the game,
    and i feel that it could use some color adjustments, here's what i came up with using Photoshop ...
     i made the dark areas more dark, made the colors richer and took the blue down a bit.
  • jaker3278
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jaker3278 polycounter lvl 8
    thanks for the comment, yes i agree that the interior is not as rich as it could be, and i also think the materials arnt very good on the interior. Thanks for the colour correction , always nice to have a fresh pair of eyes on it. 
  • melli06
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    melli06 polycounter lvl 2
    I could suggest to work on the lighting a little bit, the images are a bit too bright all around. With lighting I would recommend just studying someone else's  similar scene and recreating their lighting. Other than that the model seems pretty spot on!  Also I tend to find that bright backgrounds can be a bit overpowering, but do what you think is best! 
  • Daf57
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daf57 polycounter lvl 9
    Nice work! I bet that was a real challenge - and fun! :)