Home Technical Talk

Xnormal question

Offy163
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Offy163 polycounter lvl 7
Hi guys , can somebody help me with xnormal ?( 
I use blender for low poly, zbrush for sculpt and xnormal for baking.
After loading LP\HP and cage into xnormal. I have really bad result.
1) AO texture have noise\black color;
2) On normal map baking together cup+handle on one texture.
http://s019.radikal.ru/i626/1607/d4/033ddf80438a.png
http://s012.radikal.ru/i319/1607/77/b43d7e65e39a.png

Replies

• Mogyie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mogyie polycounter lvl 5
    with the AO it seems to be creating the light inside or outside the cup its hard to tell but if its doing this to the outside of the cup its because it is relying on the fact that the bottom is going to be sitting on top of something such as a tab;e so whats it does is create the shadow cast under to show how it will react in real life its nothing but i recommend maybe doing the AO based on the texture you can make that area light and use the AO generation in Photoshop cc just plug in x normal to PS and try it then remember that the AO works in PS with black and white so if you select that area when doing you albito/ base texture you can work a bit more with it I'm not to sure how to turn this properties of based on the mesh in blender but id try messing around in Photoshop as it gives you more adjustment tools when using x normal in there. as for the normal map you can also generate that in Photoshop and it as well gives you more room to adjust give it a try and see how it goes it may eliminate that problem your getting.
  • Mogyie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mogyie polycounter lvl 5
    the other problem you will be getting with the high to low working is that if you low poly is really hard edged you actually have to bevel those edges because the high poly can not bake a curves to a low poly hard edged mesh it will give you a really nasty zig zags on your textures i recommend maybe adding a few more faces to your low poly as the high poly can not distinguish the difference when baking. maybe try substance painter as well for getting that really nice baking as there x normal is good but if its still not working id try maybe going to another platform and trying it.