Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Wonder if i could get some feedback on my portfolio..

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Sajeet polycounter lvl 7
Hi! I have a few pieces in my portfolio(artstation) and wonder if anyone could give me some pointers. i know im lacking in presentation and could need some hints on how to do that better. Also any critique is very welcomed
Thanks in advance!
https://danne.artstation.com/

Replies

• Sajeet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sajeet polycounter lvl 7
  • vertex_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vertex_ polycounter lvl 7
    Radio: Good modelling and attention to wear & tear but the render is really holding it back. Try using Marmoset Toolbag for presenting game assets. Make sure to show your texture maps.

Stairwell: In your description you repeatedly mention the assets you haven't done. Either finish them or remove the piece. The wall material is lacking and appears to be using a woven fabric-like normal map texture. The floor tiling looks stretched. It could end up be a nice scene if you fix it up and get the lighting right.

Market: Looks good, needs further breakdown. Would love to see more shots of the market stand in different perspective, it's not very focused in that render. Make sure to pay attention to the focal point of your render. The manhole cover looks fantastic.

Tunnel: Would be nice to see some normal map detail on those floor tile seams. The scene is lacking a focal point and is screaming for some sort of presence in the middle of the room.

AKM: Good start, but needs work. Some areas of the model show signs of wear while others are bland and uninteresting. If you're going for a worn look, pay attention to the areas that would receive the most or least wear in real life and decide on the level of wear you're going for - is it brand new or heavily used?

Robot: Break down this piece further. Right now it is looks uninteresting, and if you have worked any nice detail into the piece, it's not visible from that shot. The scale of the object is unknown. If you're happy with how it looks, work on your renders and show it off more.

Overall you have a nice balance of content on your portfolio, but you have some work to do on each piece to really make it stand out. Your work on the manhole cover is impressive, I would love to see that attention to detail throughout the rest of your assets. Further breakdown is required through all of your assets to show textures and high poly models on the page. If you put in that extra ~20% of work for each asset, I think you will have a great looking portfolio to show off.
  • Sajeet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sajeet polycounter lvl 7
    @vertex_ thank you so much for your time and words. The AKM is due for a overhaul and probably going to get rid of the robot and put something else in that place.
    I will revise my presentation of the environment stuff. Thank you