Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Floating Smitty

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Qdwach polycounter lvl 7
Hi guys, long time no see. 
Here's something I've been working on for a while. It's been pretty fun to learn more about PBR and Zbrush.
It's a smitty on a floating island, I've had this idea in my head for a stylized enviro using PBR and I think I pulled it off somewhat well.

I'm now pretty close to completion and I'd appreciate as much CC as possible. About lighting and mood mostly and what works and what doesn't in the scene. 

Replies

• admrodrigotm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    admrodrigotm vertex
    Hello, Qdwach, how are you?
    I like the shapes and colors. I don't know how is your texturing workflow, but when i hear stylized environments, World of Warcraft style comes to my mind. One thing that I really love in WOW's style are the highlights on the edges.
    I think that less details on the stones would make the environment less real and more stylized too.
    Something like the image below.

• admrodrigotm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    admrodrigotm vertex
    Hello, Qdwach, how are you?
    I like the shapes and colors. I don't know how is your texturing workflow, but when i hear stylized environments, World of Warcraft style comes to my mind. One thing that I really love in WOW's style are the highlights on the edges.
    I think that less details on the stones would make the environment less real and more stylized too.

• Qdwach
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Qdwach polycounter lvl 7
    Hey admrodrigotm, thanks for the reply.

I can't really paint obvious obvious highlights into the albedo map, that defeats the point of PBR. 
    I love WoW's style also but personally I prefer more subdued stylisation. 
  • Qdwach
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Qdwach polycounter lvl 7
    Nearly done with the awning. I haven't had any time to work on it on the weekend. 

• Qdwach
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Qdwach polycounter lvl 7
    I'm calling this done for now. I wanted to do more to it but artstation only allows up to 15mb for marmoset files.