Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Concept Art Feedback - Modern Necromancer

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Leon_Raven polycounter lvl 9
Hello guys,

I have been working on this concept for a bit, I am trying to show a bit of the process and a final choice. 

Can I ask some critiques/feedback on it? 

Thank you very much! 

Replies

• Beestonian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Beestonian polycounter lvl 9
    In terms of design, there's no real way I'd know this guy was a necromancer from looking at what you've presented here. That would be the first thing I'd look at - make the intent of the design a little more clear. You could show this through him collecting and exhibiting items on his person that relate to death, but at the moment he just looks like a homeless guy with a sore arm. 
  • Leon_Raven
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Leon_Raven polycounter lvl 9
    In terms of design, there's no real way I'd know this guy was a necromancer from looking at what you've presented here. That would be the first thing I'd look at - make the intent of the design a little more clear. You could show this through him collecting and exhibiting items on his person that relate to death, but at the moment he just looks like a homeless guy with a sore arm. 
    Thank you very much beestonian, 

I am currently in the process of making him casting some sort of spell with his raised arm, but I will definetely try to add more to his outfit and accessories to make it a bit clearer. 

I'll post the image as soon as it is updated

Thank you again,