Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

KOS-MOS Xenosaga Episode III - WIP

ngon master
Offline / Send Message
Magihat ngon master
Latest progress:

Original entry:

Started on a whim back in March after seeing future-fictions Aigis fanart and quickly put it on the back-burner but since I have been looking for something fun to do alongside my other project (where I try to be more structured) I have revived it. Right now she is very very early, most things will have to be rebuilt, there are a lot of details missing and proportion tweaking so that is what you will see in the coming updates.

I have liked the design of KOS-MOS since even before the first game came out reading about it in old issues of  the swedish magazine "Playstation Magasinet" back in 2000. I chose the Episode III: Also Sprach Zarathustra-version simply because that is the one that speaks to me most. My goal is to create it in a modern, not cel-shaded, JRPG style similar to Nier Automata. I will try to stick with the original concept as much as I can but I won't be religious about it.

Hit me with your comments, critique, suggestions and all that stuff if you have any!

Replies

• Magihat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Magihat ngon master
    Picked this back up and changed the features of the face to be a bit more "cute". Also fixed the proportions to be more like the in-game model. Next up is rebuilding the mechanical parts and adding details.

• Magihat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Magihat ngon master
    It's weird looking back at how off I was with the proportions just a few months ago. Reworking the face was fun, trying to find a midpoint between the anime concept and something that an actual human could posses.

Went from something like 8,5 heads tall to 7,5 and that difference is massive.

Just directly comparing the old model vs. new model it's quite interesting to see how much a difference a mere heads length makes. Of course refining the rest of the model helped a great deal but still :P Excited to actually start with the detailing and remodeling of the clothes and mech-parts now that the underlying body and face isn't totally funky anymore.
  • VeryCrunchyTaco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VeryCrunchyTaco polycounter lvl 7
    It's really cool seeing the changes and updates, and I think they were for the better!  I'm looking forward to seeing more.  :)
  • HanPhiTuyet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    How to get this model,
    Please email me hptarmor@gmail.com