Home General Discussion

Marmoset Sale!

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Joebewon polycounter lvl 12
Hey folks,  

If you haven't heard Marmoset is having a sale on their software, so if you don't have any of their tools now is a great time to pick them up!

https://www.marmoset.co/shop

Replies

• skyline5gtr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skyline5gtr polycounter lvl 9
    Looks like everyone is having sales love it
  • Deforges
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deforges polycounter lvl 11
    Quixel is doing the same!
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Indeed we are! Although I bought Marmoset a month too early for this sale, haha. Oh well, it's a great product. I'll gladly support them!
  • Thane-
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thane- polycounter lvl 3
    Is Marmoset still useful? I have not bought it yet, but i found it nice enough to use when i tried it. Just not sure its necessary with Quixel/Substance/etc preview windows.
  • C86G
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    C86G greentooth
    Do we need to pay for every major version or does the license keep working in the future?
  • Zack Maxwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zack Maxwell interpolator
    Thane- said:
    Is Marmoset still useful? I have not bought it yet, but i found it nice enough to use when i tried it. Just not sure its necessary with Quixel/Substance/etc preview windows.
    Useful for creating portfolio renders. Especially now with Marmoset Viewer files.
    You have a lot more control over the scene than in Substance.
  • Kroma!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kroma! polycounter lvl 9
    C86G said:
    Do we need to pay for every major version or does the license keep working in the future?
    You get free updates between versions like 2.06>2.07>2.08 but for a future Toolbag 3 say, you'd probably have to buy it outright or upgrade from 2 at a discount (based on what they did for 1 to 2).
  • Chimp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chimp interpolator
    Whats the future look like for Marmoset? I'd love to hear your plans for 3. It's by far one of my favourite tools but lacking a bit these days. Ideally, for me, 3 would ship with a selection of common shaders (i.e 2splat vert blend for us environment artists), and tbh support for us to write our own shaders so we can meet whatever needs we have. Beyond that, we really need animation for cameras and meshes. Be nice for marmoset to have a timeline tbh, and have basic animation support across the board itself, i.e move/scale/rotate keys with interpolation control. There's lots more I'd love to see tbh, but it depends where you guys are planning to take marmoset and what it will ultimately become, right now its fantastically made and works well but for anything other than character and prop turnarounds I'm left wanting.

Edit: Truth be told, it is becoming somewhat redundant against the pbr viewers within substance etc, so I'd like to see it differentiate itself and provide solutions before it's pushed out of the way, because I really like marmoset! 
  • RobeOmega
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RobeOmega polycounter lvl 10
    Chimp said:
    Whats the future look like for Marmoset? I'd love to hear your plans for 3.

Agreed. I am hoping for a checkbox when saving to include the models and textures into the Marmoset file itself at the cost of filesize and the models and textures not auto updating if the files are moved. (Sorry about the bad wording of this)
  • beefaroni
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    beefaroni sublime tool
    Yea personally I'd love a better lighting interface in Toolbag. It's still a great program currently but doing specific lighting can be a bit of a pain in the ass. Some sort of setup like maya where you can look through individual lights and tear off another viewport would be fantastic.