Home Unreal Engine

Factory Floor patchy...

rFranks
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
rFranks polycounter lvl 2
Hey there just starting on my factory UE4 project and just wondering if I'm missing something, ie this is just a simple floor static mesh made in Blender with 2 UV maps, placed the "rough_concrete_with_lines" Graph on it in Substance Designer, then imported all into UE4.

When I build the lighting quality at "Production" I'm still getting what seems to be seams, and patchy lighter and darker versions of it. Am I doing something wrong?

Here's a closeup of what I'm talking about...

I tried a checkered pattern on it too and it looks like this...

I guess I'm envisioning problems when it comes to the walls, ie I'd like to have them as modular, because some will have windows and some won't etc.

ie in World of Warplanes would they have set their modular walls and roof up like where I've highlighted?

Is there tutorials that could help me out in this situation?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• rFranks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rFranks polycounter lvl 2
    Well in the end I followed this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sJsR0y7R8U (but didn't really change my UV setup), I did notice when importing my mesh I had "Generate Lightmap UV's" & "One Convex Hull Per UCX" on, so I turned those off. I kept my Mesh "Min Lightmap Resolution" & "Light Map Resolution" as 256. And changed my World Settings for "Static Lighting Level Scale" to 0.1 & "Indirect Lighting Smoothness" to 2.

Are any of those settings going to be inefficient, anyhow I got this result...